Leigh Hansmann is an experienced trial and appellate litigator with a diverse legal practice, representing individuals, companies, financial institutions, and more in courts, tribunals, and in transactional matters. She handles contract disputes, construction and lien litigation, real estate and development, collections, family law, and employment. Leigh obtained an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest peer rating standard, and has been consistently designated by Super Lawyers since 2015 for a high degree of professional achievement in general litigation matters.
Leigh has served as an appellate advocacy coach for the highly ranked Board of Advocates at Michigan State University College of Law since 2013, traveling with student teams to competitions around the country and helping them win prestigious awards for excellence in oral argument. She also serves as adjunct faculty for MSU College of Law, teaching Contract Drafting to second- and third-year law students.
Leigh is also the President of the Lansing Torch Club, and a member of the Ingham County Bar Association, the Women Lawyers Association of Mid-Michigan, and the Lansing Homebuilders’ Association.
Leigh takes pride in offering honest, practical guidance to clients, and helping them navigate the legal system to a successful outcome.
- Michigan State University (B.A. with high honors, 2006)
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2009)
- Michigan State Moot Court Trial and Advocacy Board
- Michigan State Law Review
- AV/Preeminent Peer Rated
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015-2023)
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Michigan Foundation Scholar (2009)
Publications: 2008 MICH ST. L. REV 843 (2008)
- State Bar of Michigan (2009)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Case Evaluator – Ingham County (commercial panel)
Contact information: [email protected]
Administrative assistant: Izabela Drouare ([email protected])